|MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE
(1) small onion, diced (1) tblsp olive oil
(2) Teaspoon cumin (1) teaspoon chilli powder
(3) teaspoon paprika 1/2 tsp salt
(4) tsp dried oregano (1) red bell pepper cored and sliced
(5) small jalapeno pepper, diced (6) ozs corn kernels fresh or frozen
(1) 15 oz tin black beans, drained & rinsed (1) 16oz jar of medium salsa
1 1/2 cups cooked rice 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for three minutes, add all spices and stir together. Continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
2. Add red pepper and jalapeno and cook for further 2-3 minutes. Add beans, corn, salsa, rice and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir until well combined.
3. Turn into baking pan, cover with additional cheese (mixed together). Cover and bake at 350 degrees for (25) minutes. Uncover and bake for a further (5) minutes.